Friday, October 29, 2010

Presents

I feel better!!! Unfortunately did not attempt the toast method, so cannot report on those results (next time maybe ill remember).

Last night MrGrizz and I had a date night (have I ever mentioned we are in a long distance relationship, LDR, so we only see each other weekends). We met in the middle and decided to do dinner and a movie since he'll be in the studio all weekend. Seeing him, and getting a nice big bear hug, definitely pulled me out of my funk. Although, I will admit we had a bit of an odd conversation at one point...

MrGrizz was raised Catholic (celebrates Christmas). I am Jewish (keep Kosher mostly, celebrate Hanukkah, never celebrated Christmas). We are both on budgets this year and decided to do a 40$ limit on presents. But is it 40$ for two presents- one for each Holiday? or 40$ on each? Very confusing. We decided that he would get me a Christmas present and I'd get him a Hanukkah present. Problem solved. Hanukkah is very early this year (starts December 1) and with November proving to be very busy (trip to DC, thanksgiving, T&E's wedding) I wanted to get my shopping done early. I got him his present (YAY! I think he'll really like it. And it was under 40$ barely). I also found something for his mum. And I was thinking what to get his sister and Dad. I told him what I got for his mum and he seemed upset. Side-note, I got her the three Stieg Larsson books that I had just finished. MrGrizz didn't like the idea of me getting his family gifts because then he would feel obligated to get my family gifts. I understand this from a monetary standpoint. But it upset me a little. I want to get his family Hanukkah gifts. I don't really care if he gets my family anything. I'm still unsure of what to do. I mean they wouldn't be extravagant gifts by any means, but I also don't want to upset them. I may hold off for a little while, maybe get them Christmas gifts. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment