Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sparkly Things, revisted

I have no idea why, but I have been thinking about my previous post a bit -- I promise, less future-y type posts and more relevant ones soon -- and have come to some conclusions. I wanted to document it here so in the future (ugh, there is that F word again) I can point someone to this post and say "surprise me."

This is the ring I want, with a few minor adjustments:

All photos taken by me and are of my chubby fingers :)

Said adjustments being: I want tapered baguettes on the sides instead of the split thing going on in the picture. Like in the previous post (the True Blood ring). And I'm not sure about the blue topaz. I want a harder stone that can keep up with me wearing it every day. And lighter. Either diamond (which would cost a million dollars - I'd much rather spend that kind of money on a house), white sapphire, morganite, something light and transparent, a little bit of color is o with me.

So you may think, "you have a picture of you wearing the ring, huh??" My mum finished her doctorate in education two years ago (walked at the 2009 commencement ceremony). As a present I got her the ring. Slightly selfishly, Ill admit. I saw the ring. Fell in love. Decided I needed to have it. But couldn't justify spending that amount of money on myself. I got it for her graduation present and borrow it whenever I like! Best of all worlds. I love that ring SOOOOO much. Really. I do. It's sad. The end.

PS Honestly, if I got that exact ring, Id be happy too. Just saying :)

Oh in case you are wondering. I got the blue topaz cushion/oval with the east/west setting at Macy's in April of 2009. They were having some sort of sale, and if I remember correctly, it was under $300 (originally I think it was ~$500).

No comments:

Post a Comment