Thursday, July 1, 2010

Supreme Court

I would like to preface this with the fact that I am an engineer NOT a lawyer or politician...

I leave the politicizing (yes, I make up words; and I like it) to my younger brother, PresD. I truly think my parents hit the jackpot when it comes to what interest's their children: PresD is currently in law school and the little sister, DrA, is eventually going to be a neurosurgeon (I say eventually because she is still in undergrad). But I digress.

... I have refrained from talking to PresD about the nomination of Supreme Court Judge Elena Kagan until I can determine my views first. My brother is very knowledgeable and has very distinct stances on legal issues. We do agree most of the time, but I find that after I have a conversation with him, I just take his views and arguments as my own becuase a) he makes it sound so good and b) he is much smarter than I am in regards to this and c) I'm sometimes lazy and dont want to research anything on my own. This post has nothing to do with my views, or hers, or anyone else's. It does have to do with a hilarious clip I saw on the news this morning.

She is being asked about the Christmas Day bomber, specifically where she was on that day. Orange juice came out of my nose I was laughing so hard when I heard her response, I kid you not. Hysterical.



Yes, in case you have not already figured out, I am indeed Jewish. And got the biggest kick of this response. I think at some point I will write a whole post about Judiasm and what it means to me and how I try and live everyday a little bit Jewish.

Also does anyone else thinks she looks a little like Rachel Dratch from SNL? I asked a coworker and he thinks she looks more like John Lovitz or Nathan Lane.

1 comment:

  1. I don't watch the proceedings, just hear about how they are going in the news sometimes, but this kind of makes me think they might be a little bit interesting to watch! They probably aren't all like that though...

    ReplyDelete